This organization shall be known as the Palmdale Youth Soccer League (PYSL), a California Non-profit Organization hereinafter referred to as the "League".
ARTICLE 2: OBJECTIVE
The objective of the League shall be to promote good sportsmanship, develop, supervise, and assist, in all lawful ways, soccer for boys and girls, under the rules and regulations set forth herein.
ARTICLE 3: MEMBERSHIP
1. Any person, in good standing with the League and CYSA-S, interested in active participation to affect the objective of the League, may apply to become a member.
2. There shall be the following classes of members:
A. Player Member- Any child meeting the requirements of and who resides within the established boundaries of the League shall be eligible for participation, but shall have no rights, duties, or obligations in the management or in the property of the League.
B. Regular Member- Parents or Guardians of player members or any adult actively interested in furthering the objective of the League may become a regular member.
3. Members, whether regular or player, shall not be required to be affiliated with another organization or group to qualify as members of the League.
4. The Board of Directors, by two-thirds vote of those present at any duly constituted meeting, shall have the authority to discipline or suspend or terminate the membership of any member of any class when the conduct of such person is considered detrimental to the best interest of the League and/or youth soccer.
ARTICLE 4: MEMBERSHIP RESPONSIBILITES
1. Player members shall:
A. Abide by all the rules and regulations of the League and CYSA-S.
B. Maintain a sportsmanlike conduct during all League activities.
2. Regular members shall:
A. Abide by all rules and regulations of the League and CYSA-S.
B. Maintain a sportsmanlike conduct during all League activities.
C. Be responsible for the care and return of all League equipment and property assigned to them. Failure to return such equipment and or property will result in immediate removal from the league until all equipment and or property is returned. Reinstatement shall require a two-thirds vote by those present at any duly constituted meeting.
ARTICLE 5: MEETINGS
1. Meetings of the Board of Directors shall be held as required between January and August of each year, and at least twice a month between September and December of each year. The meetings shall be held at a regular time and place as agreed upon by the board of directors. Board members shall be notified at least two days in advance of any changes in the regularly scheduled meeting.
2. Any member of the board of directors may call special meetings of the board of directors at any time for any purpose. Said requests shall specify the business proposed to be transacted.
3. Each Director shall be entitled to one (1) vote. Each Director must be present to vote. There shall be no vote proxy.
4. Rosenberg's Rules of Order shall govern the proceedings of all meetings except where they conflict with the By-laws of the League.
5. In order to conduct business of a Board of Directors meeting, there must be a 51% quorum of the elected voting directors.
6. The members present at a duly constituted meeting at which a quorum is presented may continue to transact business until adjournment, even if enough members have withdrawn to leave less than a quorum, if any action taken is approved by at least a majority of the members required to constitute a quorum.
7. Any action permitted to be taken by the Board may be taken without a meeting when needed. The Board member proposing the action shall submit a motion to the President. The President shall then be responsible for ensuring the entire Board of Directors is notified by email and/or phone of the motion and to determine if the motion is seconded. If the motion is seconded, the votes on the motion shall be recorded by the President and the board shall be notified of the results. A majority of affirmative votes of the Directors currently serving on the board is required for the motion to carry. If any Director has an objection to determining the action without a meeting or special meeting, they shall state that objection to the President and the proposed action will be tabled until the first order of business at the next meeting of the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE 6: ELECTION OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. The board of directors shall appoint an Elections Committee, which will be chaired by the Vice-President (pursuant to Article 8 section 2).
2. The Elections Committee shall draft election guidelines and present them to the board of directors for approval, and upon request, distribute them to any nominee.
a. Elections shall be held no more than (30) thirty days prior to the last scheduled fall season game.
3. Only (1) one parent/legal guardian of a player member may cast a vote for the election of the board of directors regardless of the number of siblings registered in the league.
ARTICLE 7: BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Board members who miss three (3) consecutive regularly scheduled meetings and/or league functions without justification shall be subject to removal from the Board of Directors.
The management of the organization and affairs of the League shall be vested in the Board of Directors. The number of voting Directors shall not be less than 5 or more than 15. The Directors shall, upon election, take office the first Board meeting of the calendar year.
The Board of Directors shall include all duly elected Directors.
The Executive Board shall consist of the President, Vice- President, Registrar, Secretary, and Treasurer.
a. The Executive Board shall be given the duty to validate / review all league level Protest, Appeals and allegations of misconduct.
Any Incumbent Director shall be eligible for re-election to the same office. There shall be no limit to the number of years a person may serve on the Board.
All matters concerning the policy of the League shall be decided by a majority vote of the Board of Directors in attendance.
Board members who repeatedly neglect to fulfill their duties and responsibilities shall be subject to removal from the Board of Directors.
Any Board of Director removal motion will be subject to a two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors at a duly constituted meeting.
ARTICLE 8: DUTIES OF THE BOARD MEMBERS
1. PRESIDENT: The League President shall preside over, and be responsible for, all League activities.
2. VICE-PRESIDENT: Presides in the absence of the President; is Ex- Officio member of all committees and carries out such duties as assigned by the President.
3. REGISTRAR: Maintain registration of members and directors, preside over registrations and performs all duties required by CYSA-S for registration.
4. SECRETARY: Shall record and maintain the minutes of meetings, maintain a record of League activities and conduct such correspondence as may be directed by the President.
5. TREASURER: Dispenses League funds as approved by the Board of Directors; keep financial records and reports on the state of the League’s funds; assumes responsibility for all League finances.
6. HEAD COACH: Responsible for recruiting, training, and licensing coaches, coordinating coaching activities and equipment. Secure permits for practice fields.
7. HEAD REFEREE: Must be a certified referee. Responsible for training and ensuring the certification of referees.
8. REFEREE ASSIGNOR: Responsible for assigning referees and assistant referees to scheduled soccer games.
9. DIRECTOR OF PUBLICITY: Responsible for promoting the League. Secure authorization for registration flyer distribution with local school districts. Distribute registration notices. Assist in the pursuit of financial grants to further develop the League
10. TEAM PARENT COORDINATOR: Responsible for organizing and training of all team parents.
11. DIRECTOR OF WAYS & MEANS: Responsible for organizing and maintaining fund raising activities. Pursue financial grants to further develop the League
12. FIELD MANAGER: Responsible for maintaining equipment and weekly preparation of fields.
13. DIRECTOR OF UNIFORMS: Responsible for obtaining bids for uniforms and submitting them to the Board of Directors for approval. Responsible for the ordering and distribution of uniforms and other activities as decided by the board.
14. DIRECTOR OF PICTURES, AND TROPHIES: Responsible for obtaining bids for portrait, and trophy companies and submitting them to the Board of Directors for approval. Responsible for setting up and handling picture day and awards ceremony and distributing pictures, and trophies, and other activities as decided by the board
ARTICLE 9: FINANCIAL POLICY
1. The Board of Directors shall decide all matters pertaining to the finances of the League. All income shall be placed in the League Treasury. All expenditures in excess of fifty dollars ($50.00) must be submitted to the Board of Directors for approval. The Board shall not permit expenditures that will give an individual or team an advantage over those in competition with such individual or team.
2. No Officer, Director, or Member shall receive directly or indirectly, any salary or compensation from the League for services rendered as an Officer, Director, or Member.
3. The Treasurer shall be authorized to sign checks, and will be held responsible for funds dispensed.
4. The President and Vice-President also shall be authorized to sign checks in the absence of the Treasurer or when the Treasurer is unable to perform the required duties. Both the President and Vice-President will be held responsible for funds dispensed by them.
5. The Treasurer shall report the bank balance at each monthly meeting. The report shall be entered into the minutes, listing balance, funds received, expenditures, and remaining balance.
6. The Treasurer shall prepare an Annual Financial Report. Copies of these reports shall be furnished to any active member upon written request.
7. All League expenditures will be paid by check or from the petty cash fund, and must be accompanied by a receipt.
8. A petty cash fund will be established for League functions as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will decide how much money is to be kept in the fund.
9. Any contracts must be signed by the President and Treasurer after being approved by the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE 10: PROTESTS, APPEALS, AND DISCIPLINE
1. The PYSL Executive Board shall determine the validity of any protests or grievances in accordance with the Rules of Competition.
2. The PYSL Executive Board shall hear all situations involving the misconduct of any coach, assistant coach, player and / or regular member. The PYSL Executive Board shall then determine the expulsion or length of any suspensions as a result of the misconduct in accordance with these Bylaws or the Rules of Competition.
ARTICLE 11: COACHES
1. Coaches must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and Assistant Coaches must be at least seventeen (17) years of age on or by August 1st of the seasonal year they are coaching.
2. Coaches shall be approved by the Board of Directors. All other administrators may be reviewed by the board of directors for approval.
3. All Coaches must have a minimum of a "Youth Module 3" license.
4. All Coaches and Assistant Coaches shall be responsible for their actions at all League activities. All Coaches are responsible for the proper care and return of all League equipment, funds and other property assigned to them.
5. Coaches may retain up to the number of players listed here in prior to entering the draft. In the following divisions U7 through U10, the retention’s shall not exceed 3 per team and 5 retentions in U11 through U19. Coaches child(ren) are included in their retention. If a coach does not retain his/her child(ren), then that player shall not play on that coach's team during that seasonal year. A player MUST attend skills evaluation to be eligible for retention. Coaches must have a retention form for each retained player and the form must be signed by the player's parent or legal guardian.
ARTICLE 12: RULES
1. The Official Playing Rules of Competition, as published by FIFA, USYSA, and CYSA-S shall be binding on this League except as modified by Local Rules of Competition.
2. The Local Rules of Competition for this League shall be adopted by the Board of Directors at a meeting to be held not less than 30 days prior to the first scheduled game of the season. Copies shall be given to each coach not less than 15 days prior to the first scheduled game of the season.
3. A player registered to a PYSL team may not be transferred to another PYSL team in the same division during the same season unless approved by a two-thirds vote by the Board of Directors at a duly constituted meeting.
ARTICLE 13: AMENDMENTS
These By-laws, or any section thereof, may be amended or repealed by a two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors present at any duly constituted meeting, providing that written notice of proposed changes be given to each Director not less than seven (7) days prior to such meeting.
ARTICLE 14: RATIFICATION
The Ratification and Signature of the following Directors of the P.Y.S.L. Board of Directors shall be sufficient for the establishment of these By-Laws.
President ____________________ Date ____________
Vice-President ____________________ Date ____________
Secretary _____________________ Date ____________
Treasurer _____________________ Date ____________
Registrar _____________________ Date ____________
Dedicating our services to provide a safe and nurturing environment for the youth in Palmdale through the sport of soccer.